Monday, September 1, 2008

7. Narendra's singing...( afnta, afnta-questforallah, Allah, God, love for God, quest)

And Narendra sang:
He sang impersonating one of the milkmaids.Her love of Krishna,the human form of God.

You are the mirror for the hand
And You are the flower for the hair
O Friend, I shall make a flower of You
And wear You in my hair;
Under my braids I shall hide You, Friend!
No one will see You there

You are the betel-leaf for the lips
The dark collyrium for the eyes
O Friend,with You I shall stain my lips
With You I shall paint my eyes.


March,1886 (see the sidebar "The gospel...")

Narendra was a young college student at that time. He later became Swami Vivekananda and founded the Ramakrishna-Vivekananda center of Newyork

( see sidebar for reference. "the gospel of ......")

No comments: