Tuesday, March 12, 2013


71.  What else should I do

 

My God, please tell me

What else should I do?

I have done my best

But failed some crucial test

 

I have shed tears every day

I have begged You every day

I have prayed to You every day

I try to reach You every day

 

I collected and offered wild flowers

Covered with dew and rain

I wrote and sang songs

Of Your glory and my pain

 

 

I have repeated Your name millions of time

I have thought about You zillions of time

I loved You with an obsession

I yearned for You with burning  passion

I debased myself so low

Nothing further was left to go

 

Like Mogul king Babur I also thought

As a last resort

I should offer to God

The most valuable thing I got

 

I laid my life at Your feet

Master and mote were going to meet

Your silence was an utter defeat

Your indifference punctured my conceit

I failed to get Your attention

My sacrifice was not worth mention

 

Dear God give a clue

What else should mkadk do

 

i

No comments: